President Biden stated on Tuesday during a speech in Wilkes-Barre, PA, “The bullet shot from an AR-15 moves five times as swiftly as a bullet blasted out of any other rifle.”
Ironically, the two AR-15 rounds,.223 and 5.56, did not even make the cut for Field & Stream’s in-depth examination of the “Five Fastest Rifle Cartridges” on June 30, 2022.
According to Field & Stream, these are the top rounds, along with the speed in feet per second (fps) at which they travel after being fired:
- Swift.220 A 40-Grain. The 220 Swift round travels at around 4,300 fps.
- 87-Grain 257 Weatherby Magnum. A 257 Weatherby Magnum round travels at a speed of around 3,700 fps.
- 30/378 — An 165-Grain is Weatherby. 30/378 Weatherby round travels at a speed of around 3,400 fps.
- An 80-Grain, .224 Clark. The 224 Clark round travels at around 3,500 fps.
- A 50-Grain Eargesplitten Loudenboomer, 22. The velocity of a 22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer round is about 4,600 fps.
The two AR-15 rounds, in comparison, fire at a rate of about 2,700 to 3,100 fps.
Additionally, Biden stated that “the AR-15 simply tears the body apart.”
On August 30, 2022, President Joe Biden delivered a speech at the Arnaud C. Marts Center in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
Actually, the type of ammunition used determines how much damage is caused by any round fired from any gun. And with the widely used.223 and 5.56 bullets, the end consequence is frequently overpenetration rather than expansive damage. The .22 caliber bullet easily passes through.
On May 30, 2022, Biden said that a 9mm bullet would blast the lung “out of the body,” which was another comment he made about a specific firearm earlier this year.
When we asked a member of the U.S. Marshal fugitive recovery squad about Biden’s 9mm allegation, he laughed out loud and stated, “That’s not even at all possible.”
Do you use a 9mm round, we inquired.
Yes, and it’s a hollowpoint, he continued, but it only makes a better wound channel; it doesn’t blast out the lungs or other organs.
When we informed the member of the fugitive retrieval squad that Biden had included 9mm in the category of “large caliber firearms,” he laughed once again and responded, “9mm is the smallest cartridge we use.”